Thursday, October 29, 2015

Hi,

My name is Elizabeth Fox and I am your representative to ALA. I will be serving in this capacity from 2015 to 2018. I plan to use this blog to update you on what is going on in the ALA Council. While I won't overwhelm your e-mail boxes with the e-mails from that group, I will try to give you a weekly overview of discussions. This is a very active list but can usually be summarized quickly. For instance, this week, the most e-mails have been about when a state's conference is and most state representatives responded to the list with when their 2016 conference was. For those in the know, however, that information was already gathered by ALA staff and you can find information on most states' conferences here: http://www.ala.org/conferencesevents/planning-calendar.

One other think of importance was shared over this list this week - the launching of a new public relations campaign by ALA called Libraries Transform. There is a whole post on this issue.

During ALA Annual and Midwinter conferences, I will try to update the blog daily with any news or decisions from that day.

If you ever have any questions about what is going on or what ALA can do for you, please feel free to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment